The following list is from my new bi-weekly newsletter. Sign up for free in the orange box below the post.
I often hear parents express the desire for pursuing wellness with their families, but feel that it’s either too difficult or that it can’t be done. Well, as a mom of four very small, very busy kids, I know for certain that it can (albeit with some planning and the willingness to be silly).
And there are lots of simple ways to do it:
1. Eat a whole foods diet. That means no box mixes, hormone-free protein, fresh fruits and vegetables and soaked whole grains.
2. Incorporate your kids in your workouts by racing them up hills, doing pushups with them on your back or holding them while you do squats.
3. Start an indoor herb garden. Let your kids choose the herbs and help plant them.
4. Give your kids and/or spouse a before-bed footbath with warm water and lavender essential oil.
5. Walk with your family.
6. Get a meal planner.
7. Train for a foot race with your spouse. AFTER you’ve read all about the benefits of barefoot running.
8. Eat lots of coconut oil which has been proven to increase weight loss by stimulating your thyroid, lower cholesterol and slow the signs of aging.
9. Use that coconut oil to shave, moisturize your skin, condition your hair (just a dab!), heal wounds and treat diaper rash. It’s really versatile stuff!
10. Have an arsenal of healthy snacks on hand to combat any cravings that come your way as you kick the sugar habit.
11. Go camping as a family and enjoy a few days of electronic-free togetherness and adventure. Don’t forget the nourishing food.
12. Get rid of the TV.
What can you add to the list?
Want more wellness tips? Sign up for the Shalom Mama Wellness Newsletter in the orange box below.Pin It