Image by cjmartin
Today’s post is from Liz of Sincerely Liz.
I was a pack rat as a child (I think today they call us hoarders ) and I experienced a life-changing form of discipline at the age of 12.
I left the house one day and when I returned hours later, my mom had cleaned out my entire room and tossed all of my “junk.”
All of my STUFF! I would have never been able to look through those things and throw them away, but to have someone do it while my back was turned was a bittersweet thing.
While I missed a few of my belongings as time passed, truly nothing felt better than the fresh, clean feeling of having a clutter-free environment.
No more junk to organize and put away and dust and clean. It was just clean, fresh SPACE! I loved it and I have strived to live a simple life since.
As a business owner, I understand how easy it is to get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of life, convenience, and the easy way out. But that can be a downward spiral when you are trying to life a more simple, natural life.
I wanted to share with you all three recipes I can always turn to for familiarity and a good first step to ease back into a life of natural wellness:
1. Grain-Free Porridge
I love this recipe because it satisfies my sweet tooth and still offers a delicious sweet cream base without all the chemicals in store-bought cream:
- In a small pan, slowly stir together 2 tbsp of almond butter with 6 tbsp of full-fat coconut milk (in a can) on the stove over medium-low heat.
- Once melted and mixed well, stir in 1/4 cup of shredded coconut.
- Add your choice of sweetener (my choice: 1 tbsp of Grade B Maple Syrup) and a dash of vanilla if you’d like.
- Serve with a side of coffee (maybe this French Toast Latte) and fresh fruit.
2. All-Purpose Cleaner
It doesn’t get much easier than this simple, natural cleaner, folks.
- Stuff a small mason jar with leftover orange peels and fill the jar with white vinegar. Let sit for two weeks.
- Strain vinegar into a clear spray bottle and use as your all-purpose cleaner.
The orange helps dilute the scent of the vinegar scent without diluting its strength.
3. Natural Air Freshener
This easy air freshener can be made quickly with two ingredients you’ll find in your kitchen.
- Mix together two tablespoons of baking soda and two dashes of cinnamon.
- Stir in a small bowl and sprinkle over the carpet around your home.
- Let sit for 30 minutes and then vacuum.
Easy, fast and it smells delightful.
These are just three easy to remember recipes that always help me re-focus on simple, natural wellness. If living simply is something you are intrigued by but haven’t jumped into just yet, I hope these recipes help encourage you to give it a try!
Do you have any simple recipes that help you re-focus on natural wellness?
Liz Cook is a wedding photographer from Virginia with a passion for serving the Lord, photographing people in love, and living simply. A small town girl, Liz has a heart for family and seeks to always keep them her top priority. She is married to a soldier in the Army and together they have one sweet daughter and two cuddly boston terriers. Her life is simple; but she quite likes it that way.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.