On Memorial Day, my friend and I were hanging out and the topic of conversation turned to my birthday. It’s at the end of July and apparently my friend, who loves giving gifts, is already gathering items for me.
Since I’m a Leo who gets all sorts of excited about my birthday, I was more than happy to talk about it (whether you give astrological signs any weight or not, I definitely have many Leo-esque qualities).
Gifts are special to me. I love them to be thoughtful, meaningful. So much so, that Christmas can get crazy overwhelming for me because I tend to spend a little too much time agonizing over giving just the right gift to my loved ones.
According to the Myers-Briggs, this is totally my INFJ coming out. I’m your typical stereotype …
Anywho, my friend knows this about me (that fact alone makes me all sorts of happy) and asked if I’d not only create a birthday wishlist, but post it on the blog for her, too.
Since I use my blog as a way to keep track of the recipes I create so I don’t forget them, I figured, why not? 😉
And if you’re looking for ideas for someone in your life who happens to love the same things I do (which, I’m sure there are plenty of women out there who would love to receive most of these), I hope you’ll find this helpful.
So here goes:
- Hydroflask: Because my other one grew legs and walked away a couple months ago. I’d love one of the new colors like orange or purple.
- “I brake for Shetlands” bumper sticker: I don’t know if such a thing exists, but it needs to. Because I do and the people behind me need to know that. (And if you also need this sticker, leave a comment below. We need to be friends.)
- Journals: These are one of the things I can never get enough of. I am seldom found without one. And if I am, it’s because I forgot it but don’t realize it.
- Pens: Because journals.
- Colored pencils: For the beautiful adult coloring books I have but never color in because my colored pencils also keep growing legs and walking away.
- Gift cards to local coffee places: Or Starbucks. I’m not terribly picky. That’s not true, yes I am. But I do love sitting at Starbucks, sipping on an Americano. Even better if we can do that together.
- Fun night out together: Girls’ night out dancing or drinks at the local pub? Yes, please!
- Chocolate: Enough said. Actually, that’s not true. Lavender Sea Salt Caramels. Mmmmm.
- Barehand Gloves: Lifting weights is my favorite part of doing CrossFit. But my hands! They need a little extra protection.
- Succulents: And more succulents, please.
- Macarons: All of them. These are my new favorite gluten-free treat. And since I found this place, I could get in some serious trouble. Or, at least, my pants will probably get much tighter.
- Lavender plants: My signature plant. Aside from succulents, these are some of the only plants I can keep alive. I love planting them wherever I live as a sign that I was there (yes, I’m a total Leo).
- Tattoo date: More ink, please! My left forearm really wants a bouquet of lavender on it.
- Tieks: Unrealistic, I know, but I LOVE these shoes. And they have gift cards.
- Pineapple cider: Specifically, this stuff. It’s amazing. If you can get your hands on some, do it!
What do all of these gifts have in common? Nothing, really. Except they’re all things I love and won’t create clutter because they will be used.
My favorite kinds of gifts. 🙂
p.s. Love you, Nikki!