doTERRA Essential Oils
It all started with a bottle of peppermint. Before I was introduced to doTERRA, I was perfectly fine using the essential oils I got from my dad’s company (he’s an organic herb farmer) for my DIY needs. After all, I was getting them for a steal and I mainly used them for cleaning.
And then I took a whiff of their peppermint essential oil and I knew these oils were different.
I grew up on that herb farm and every summer, my dad and his crew harvested the mint crop. The smell was amazing and I’d often walk around the warehouse where it was stored just to enjoy the fresh, cooling aroma.
It was heavenly.
That’s exactly what the bottle of peppermint smelled like. And then the bottle of lemon, well, it smelled just like lemons! I fell in love with the wonderful smells of my doTERRA oils.
Then I started using them. And that, friends, is when I knew that I was hooked. Each time I used an oil for an ailment, I was amazed at how quickly they worked, often with just one drop of oil.
And at the end of the year, when I realized that by using essential oils in our home our family of six spent less than the average person does on healthcare costs, I knew I had to share these with, oh, everyone. They’re life-changing, folks.
Why essential oils?
Essential oils are my favorite natural solution because they are so simple, effective and safe. I started on my natural health journey using herbs and I quickly found that people really wanted to learn more about using natural remedies. They just got a bit confused with how to prepare herbs.
With essential oils, though, you get the same benefits of herbs and all you have to do is open a bottle. Essential oils are super concentrated, too (50-70 times more powerful than herbs). So one drop of essential oil is often all you need, which can add up to some serious savings.
Whether you just need a few essential oils for your DIY cleaning recipes or want to completely transform your family’s healthcare, doTERRA is the only resource you’ll ever need.
(Want a free guide to using essential oils in your home? Grab the Simple Family Wellness guide here.)
Why join the Shalom Mama Tribe?
When you’re a Shalom Mama Tribe member, community, support and resources are what you get. Plus essential oils. That’s kind of our thing.
Creating a healthier home can feel like a mighty lonely endeavor. You spend hours alone, researching and experimenting and the amazing results aren’t often seen by people outside your immediate family.
You need to connect with others on the same path as you are, have access to support on this journey and the essential resources to keep this simple.
As a member of my Tribe, you get access to:
- Our private Tribe website–it’s packed full of trainings and resources.
- Our private Facebook support groups. Get connected with a community of like-minded women and get answers to your questions.
- Our monthly team calls, webinars, trainings, and rewards.
- Free wellness consult with me. Ask your questions, get answers and develop a plan for using essential oils in your home.
How to get started
I recommend starting out as a wholesale member (it’s like shopping at Costco, minus the ravioli samples). Even if you just want to try these oils out to see if they’re a good fit, this is the smartest way to buy because it gives you the best pricing.
As a Wellness Advocate (wholesale member) you get to access to:
- Wholesale pricing on every order (a 25% discount on all the goodies)
- An even bigger discount on starter kits – buy in bulk and save big
- No minimum order requirements, quotas, or pressure to sell oils
- Tons of resources and training options from me and my Tribe
- The chance to take advantage of the Loyalty Rewards Program and earn free product credits (you can even get a total of up to 55% off retail pricing). Seriously.
How do I get a starter kit?
One of the main benefits of becoming a member is the starter kits. These kits give you the top essential oils at bulk pricing–plus your enrollment fee is waived.
Below are my three most favorite kits, but there are lots of other options available depending on your needs and budget.
- Includes doTERRA’s top 10 essentials oils (15 ml)
- Free wholesale membership
- Free diffuser
- Includes 19 essentials oils (variety of sizes)
- Includes most popular wellness products
- Free wholesale membership
- Free diffuser
- Free essential oil storage box
- 100 free product credits when you place a qualifying Loyalty Rewards Program order the following month
*Best option for starting a Wellness Advocate business
- Includes EVERY essential oil
- Includes EVERY wellness product
- Free wholesale membership
- Free canvas essential oil case
- Free diffuser
- 400 free product credits when you place a qualifying Loyalty Rewards Program order the following month
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you’ll find some frequently asked questions I receive about doTERRA.
Got a question? Contact me.
Do essential oils really save you money?
Did you know that the average family of four spends $9,144 on healthcare each year? Last year, my family of six spent just over $2,300 on healthcare.That’s the same amount spent per person in the average household. How did we do it? By using essential oils (see how we use them here) on a regular basis to prevent and treat illness.
What are Loyalty Rewards?
Loyalty Rewards gives you free product credits for automatically ordering products each month. The longer you stay on the Loyalty Rewards Program, the more credits you can earn—up to 30% of your total monthly LRP purchases! This is how I’ve built my oil stash, including the more expensive oils, for free.
I replace everything through Loyalty Rewards so I earn free product. This is what my monthly Loyalty Rewards Product order looks like:
- Lifelong Vitality Pack
- Replace oils and products I’m out of (like toothpaste or face cleanser) or will be out before next month’s order
- New oils I want to try or that I’m going to give away
What the heck is the Lifelong Vitality Pack?
The Lifelong Vitality Pack is doTERRA’s amazing supplement trio (and #1 selling product). It has vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and essentials from real food sources. It also has a lot of herbs in it, like milk thistle, to help your body clean out toxins. It’s a great anti-inflammatory and energy-booster. You can learn more about it here.
Do you find the oils to last you a long time? Or are you ordering every month to replace and restock?
It depends on the oil. Some oils I use everyday and I typically run through those every two months or so. Others last months and months. Some have lasted well over a year. When kept in a cool, dark place, the oils can last for years.
Do you offer support to those who join the Shalom Mama Tribe, if and when they choose to turn it into a business? Just wondering if I do choose to move forward beyond personal use, if you are involved with your consultants?
Yes! I offer free wellness coaching to all tribe members. In addition, if you want to build a business, I’m here for support and to direct you to resources so you can earn income.
When signing up to be a consultant is the starter kit you choose discounted 25% (or whatever the member discount is)?
Yes, it’s the 25% discount.
Do you have to spend a certain amount every month to keep your consultant status? Do you have to sell a certain amount every month to keep your consultant status?
No and no. You have to renew each year (if you want to) and the cost is $25. However, they send you a peppermint essential oil when you renew.
However, if you want to grow a business, placing a Loyalty Rewards order each month of roughly $125 enables you to get all bonuses, like the Fast Start Bonus or Power of 3 bonus (I get both right now … and I like them ).
At first, I was skeptical about the expense, but it’s not really an issue because I’ve built that into my healthcare budget.
Do they include a good guide to their oils with the enrollment package? and do you suggest any above and beyond what they have?
From what I remember, the kits come with a little user guide, but I use Everything Essential as a resource for how to use the oils.
How do you make money with doTERRA?
Use. Learn. Share.
I’m not a pushy network marketer and I ask my team members not to be, either.
My motto is: Use the product. Learn more about it. Share when it’s appropriate.
Is this MLM/Network Marketing?
Yes, this is a network marketing company. And I like that.
Some product brands choose to use their marketing budgets conventionally, paying for advertising and trying to get their products in big stores. Others pay individuals to spread the word about the product, giving them a commission of sales. That’s a really simplified explanation, by the way.
I like network marketing because:
- Earning ability. I get to choose how well I do. If I don’t make a lot of money, it’s all me. If I do, well, that’s me, too.
- Discounts. I’ve joined a couple of network marketing companies in my day, mainly because it means I get a product I really like at wholesale prices. Oh, and I get paid when I share it others. I wish that was the case with other products I use on a regular basis.
- Network. I like the network aspect because I like people. I like teaching and helping other people be successful. Really, this is just a ploy for me to surround myself with awesome people.