One of the simplest ways to create a healthier home is to remove all the toxic cleaners from your space. You can do that easily with this DIY all-purpose cleaning spray
If you’re used to using harsh chemicals to get your house clean, you might wonder if it’s really possible to clean your home with water, vinegar and essential oils.
But it works.
Vinegar itself is a great natural cleaner. Add essential oils to the mix, however, and you’ve got powerful antimicrobial properties that clean your home without harming your body.
- Lemon: Cleans and purifies the air and surfaces.
- Lavender: Antimicrobial, skin soothing, calming.
- Tea Tree: Protects against environmental threats, promotes healthy immune function.
DIY All-Purpose Cleaning Spray
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 20 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops melaleuca essential oil
Combine all the ingredients in a glass spray bottle (essential oils will break down plastic). Slap on a pretty label and use to clean the surfaces in your home.