When I first started using essential oils, I got this great idea. What if, instead of deodorant, I just rubbed on a few drops of wild orange (because I love the smell) and call it good? Guess what happened?
It burned. A lot. Turns out, diluting it with some coconut oil would have actually made this a great idea.
You know what I was missing? A guide to show me how to use essential oils correctly. (At least I learned my lesson.)
I’m a huge fan of research and making informed decisions. And one of the best ways to do that, especially with essential oils, is with some good reference books (and maybe an online course or two).
Today I wanted to share a list of my top essential oil books and courses that you can use to further your essential oil knowledge. You know, so you don’t make the same mistakes I did.
- Modern Essentials (must-have): This is my go-to resource for using essential oils. You can get the hardcover or the mini spiral-bound version.
- Emotions and Essential Oils: If you haven’t explored the world of emotional healing with essential oils, I highly recommend this resource. It has some great info for emotional healing.
- Aroma Heal: I highly recommend this book as a companion to Emotions and Essential Oils. The above tells you which oils to use for different emotional needs and Aroma Heal helps you put in into practice with simple energy healing techniques. (Plus it was written by one of my awesome friends.)
- Everything Essential: Technically not a book, but an excellent (free) online resource for using essential oils.
- Simple Family Wellness: Ok, so I’m biased because I wrote this. But if you’re looking for a super-quick guide with some easy-to-use essential oil recipes, grab your free copy here.
- Advanced Aromatherapy: The Science of Essential Oil Therapy: An easy-to-understand guide that covers the safety and application of essential oils.
- The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy: Contains lots of tips and recipes for everything from personal care to health and wellness.
- Essential Oils for Beginners: A comprehensive guide for getting started with essential oils.
- Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Birth & Babies: A simple, easy-to-read guide for pregnancy and beyond, written by an experienced midwife.
- The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils: The Science of Advanced Aromatherapy:
A more in-depth resource for using essential oils. Dives into science’s new biological understanding of essential oils for improved immunity and treatment of degenerative diseases.
If you’d like even more information on using essential oils in your home, take a look at some of these great courses (and one very special FREE summit).
- Introduction to Essential Oils from Aromahead Institute
- Essential Oils and Natural Health from Vintage Remedies (I’m currently taking this course – lots of great info!)
- Aroma 101: Foundations of Aromatherapy from East West School for Herbal & Aromatic Studies (next on my continuing education list)
- Foundations of Aromatic Medicine from Vintage Remedies
- Aromatherapy for Natural Living from Aromahead Institute
- Aromatic Scholars: Advanced Aromatherapy Certification Program from East West School for Herbal & Aromatic Studies
- Aromatherapy Certification Program from Aromahead Institute
Special Essential Oil Summit
The Essential Oils Revolution Summit: With more than 30 presentations about relevant evidence and practical advice from the experts, the Essential Oils Revolution will help you use essential oils effectively.
This event is the first-ever, online, non-branded (no oil brand wars!!!) event to include experts from every field, including aromatherapy, direct sales, medicine and research. Register here.